They are still very young and really neither of them are even old enough for formal schooling but it's hard for me to get away from my teacher training! ( which by the way, I think in some ways is a blessing that I have an educational background and in some ways hinders the process) I do expect them to behave like they would in someone else's classroom, and I know they do in Sunday school and Awana and MBTA (for Jonah) but because it's ME, they tend to fool around a bit more and complain a bit more about not wanting to do things.
So for doing things such as sitting nicely during a lesson, completeing work without complaining, listening, particiapting, raising your hand, etc........they get little stickers for their chart. When the chart is filled up they are rewarded! Each week the kids will either choose (or maybe we'll pull things from a reward bag, I haven't decided just yet) one of these little rewards:
- Special Movie time
- Walking up the road for Shave Ice
- Speical Time Baking treats with Mom
- Puzzle Time
- Special Craft Time (i've got a whole box of craft kits they've yet to work on!!)
- Game Time with Mom
- A Menchies frozen yogurt treat
- Lunch and afternoon at the Playground
- Special Fieldtrips like to the Zoo, Hoomaluhia Gardens, the Art Museum and other free or really cheap activities!
Do you use any kind of incentives for your littles, if so what sort of ideas do you have??